"Your guests will be requesting the recipe after one bite of this fluffy and refreshing pie," promises Laurie Bourgeois of New Bedford, Massachusetts. "It doesn't take much time to prepare, yet it tastes as though you spent hours in the kitchen."
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 5 to 6 drops green food coloring, optional
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a small bowl, beat cream and sugar until soft peaks form. In a large bowl, combine the milk, extract and food coloring if desired. Add pudding mixes beat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Fold in cream mixture and chocolate chips.
- Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mint Chocolate Chip Pie in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p49
Reviews for Mint Chocolate Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2012
"Always requested at every event and family get to gether...and very easy to whip up!!"