Frosty and impressive, this versatile ice cream cake is pretty enough for company, simple enough for a weeknight treat. Kathy Morrow in Hubbard, Ohio suggests you try food coloring to tint the whipped topping or use different flavors of ice cream, extracts and cookie or candy crumbs to suit different holidays or occasions!
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) individual cream-filled chocolate cakes
- 3 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 12 Oreo cookies, crushed, divided
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract, optional
- Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap. Place six chocolate cakes in pan, completely covering the bottom. Spread ice cream over cakes; sprinkle with half of the cookie crumbs. Press remaining cakes on top. Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, remove from the freezer and invert onto a serving plate. Remove pan and plastic wrap.
- Combine whipped topping and extract if desired; frost top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mint-Chocolate Ice Cream Cake in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mint-Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review