Mint-Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
Frosty and impressive, this versatile ice cream cake is pretty enough for company, simple enough for a weeknight treat. Kathy Morrow in Hubbard, Ohio suggests you try food coloring to tint the whipped topping or use different flavors of ice cream, extracts and cookie or candy crumbs to suit different holidays or occasions!
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 package (16 ounces) Suzy Q's
- 3 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 12 Oreo cookies, crushed, divided
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract, optional
- Line an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap. Place four Suzy Q's
- in pan, completely covering the bottom. Spread ice cream over Suzy
- Q's; sprinkle with half of the cookie crumbs. Press remaining Suzy
- Q's on top. Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, remove from the freezer and invert onto a
- serving plate. Remove pan and plastic wrap.
- Combine whipped topping and extract if desired; frost top and sides
- of cake. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 382 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.