Mint Chocolate Chip Pie Recipe
You'll need only three ingredients to fix this refreshing make-ahead dessert that features a cool combination of mint and chocolate. "When time is short, it's so handy to pull this no-fuss pie out of the freezer for company," notes Dolores Scofield of West Shokan, New York.
- 6 to 8 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Spoon ice cream into crust. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle over ice cream. Freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Pie may be frozen for up to 2 months. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mint Chocolate Chip Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p14
Reviews for Mint Chocolate Chip Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2014
I make this every St. Pat's day for our special dinner. I usually use the hard-shell chocolate topping that I buy at the store on top--add it when serving. I always buy the GREEN mint chocolate chip ice cream for a fitting St. Pat's dessert.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Ice Cream Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Chocolate Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Quick Chocolate Desserts >