Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 quarts half-and-half cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Green food coloring
- Hot Fudge Topping, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat half-and-half to 175°. Add sugar and milk; stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk whipping cream and pudding mix until smooth (mixture will be thick). Add extracts. Stir into cooled cream mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and enough food coloring to tint mixture light green. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze, stirring before freezing each batch. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Serve with Hot Fudge Topping if desired. Yield: 3 quarts.
1/2 cup: 364 calories, 20g fat (13g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.