Mint Chocolate Cake
My husband works for a mint farmer, so I'm always looking for recipes with mint in them. I received this recipe at my bridal shower. My friend wrote "Easy and pretty" on the top corner of the recipe card - and it's so true.
20-24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, using a greased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- For topping, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir
- until smooth. Stir in extract. Spread over frosting. Refrigerate
- until set. Yield: 20-24 servings.