After sampling peppermint bark candy from an upscale store, I thought, "I can make that!" Using four ingredients, I came up with a simple version that won over my friends and family.—Patti Maurer, Wise, Virginia
- 1 teaspoon plus 3 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) Andes creme de menthe baking chips
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon shortening.
- In a microwave, melt Andes baking chips and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until set.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over barely simmering water, melt baking chips with remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over chocolate layer; sprinkle with crushed candies. Cool. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Mint Chocolate Bark in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Mint Chocolate Bark
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review