Mint Chip Freeze Recipe
I'm a retired home economics teacher and have quite a collection of recipes from my classes. My students really like this refreshing frozen dessert made with ice cream and sandwich cookies. - Mrs. Robert Lamb Daleville, Indiana
- 2 packages (15-1/2 ounces each) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Shaved chocolate
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter. Press into two 13-in. x 9-in. dishes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the milk, sugar, butter and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- 3. Spread ice cream over each crust. Spoon cooled chocolate sauce over top; evenly spread to cover. Freeze until firm. Spread with whipped topping. Desserts may be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with shaved chocolate. Yield: 2 desserts (15-18 servings each).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC