Mint Chip Cheese Balls
A friend brought these cheese balls as a hostess gift to our Christmas open house. They instantly caught the fancy of my family. It's like having an appetizer for dessert.
40 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, finely chopped
- 36 starlight mints, crushed
- Red and green sprinkles, optional
- Chocolate wafers
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; add the pecans, chocolate
- chips and crushed mints. Divide into four portions. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each portion into a
- ball; roll in red and green sprinkles if desired. Serve with
- chocolate wafers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 cheese balls
- (1-1/4 cups each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 120 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.