Mint Candy Cane Cookies Recipe
Guests will have a merry time munching these mild mint cookies. The cute crunchy candy canes are easy to form once you color the dough - just roll into ropes and twist together.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:36 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Green and red food coloring
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars. Beat in milk, egg and extracts. Gradually add flour and salt. Set aside half of the dough. Divide remaining dough in half; add green food coloring to one portion and red food coloring to the other. Wrap dough separately in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll 1/2 teaspoonfuls of each color of dough into 3-in. ropes. Place each green rope next to a white rope; press together gently and twist. Repeat with red ropes and remaining white ropes. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Curve one end, forming a cane. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes; carefully remove to wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 121 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC