Mint Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 to 5 drops green food coloring
- 1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Add 1/4 teaspoon mint extract to batter; beat well.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke 24 holes in cake. Spread pudding evenly over cake. Combine the whipped topping, food coloring and remaining extract; spread over pudding. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 15 servings.
One serving (prepared with fat-free milk, sugar-free pudding and reduced-fat whipped topping) equals 217 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch, 1 fat.