"My sister and I like to bake this 'cool' mint cake when we were learning to cook...and I still enjoy making it today," reports Sue Gronholz of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 to 5 drops green food coloring
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Add 1/4 teaspoon mint extract to batter; beat well.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke 24 holes in cake. Spread pudding evenly over cake. Combine the whipped topping, food coloring and remaining extract; spread over pudding. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Mint Cake in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p43
Reviews for Mint Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review