- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 to 5 drops green food coloring
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Add 1/4 teaspoon mint extract to batter; beat well.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke 24 holes in cake. Spread pudding evenly over cake. Combine the whipped topping, food coloring and remaining extract; spread over pudding. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Mint Cake
Sort By :
This dessert was excellent. I volunteer at a a soup kitchen, and made this dessert for our St. Patrick's day dessert. The clients loved it. I used an icing tip and bag to fill the holes in the cake, using jello choc pudding cups. After I cut out each piece, I then placed a shamrock choc ontop of the whipped cream. I would certainly make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Irish Desserts >
- Irish Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >