- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Additional whipped topping and chocolate chips, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in extract and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over brownie layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove sides of pan just before serving. Melt chocolate chips; drizzle over the top. Garnish with whipped topping and additional chocolate chips if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mint Brownie Pie
Sort By :
I had to bake mine an extra 5 minutes. I also used 1 1/4 c. heavy cream, whipped, in place of the Cool Whip. Delicious!
How line did your brownie actually take I'm at 20 min and it most definatly is not done ?
It was scrumptious - and so easy to make. The only change I made was using Hot Fudge Topping as a drizzle. I made it for my husband's meeting & they loved it.
This recipe was fantastic! My family devoured it on Christmas Eve - it literally was gone in minutes with people asking for more. The only change I made was based off of a previous reviewer's suggestion. Instead of melting chocolate chips for the drizzle, I chopped up Andes mints into small pieces and distributed them across the top of the pie. Everyone loved it!
I made this for a church potluck, upping the peppermint extract to 3/4tsp. It was very tasty and gone in a flash! (Oh, and I used Hard Crack ice cream topping to drizzle and it cut very nicely.)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Brownies >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Pie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Irish Desserts >
- Irish Recipes >
- Mint Brownies >