Mint Brownie Pie
"When I served this treat to my family on St. Patrick's Day, it was an instant success," writes Karen Hayes, a graduate student from Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Additional whipped topping and chocolate chips, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in sugar until
- smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in
- extract and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping.