Mint Brownie Pie Recipe
"When I served this treat to my family on St. Patrick's Day, it was an instant success," writes Karen Hayes, a graduate student from Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Additional whipped topping and chocolate chips, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour until well blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in extract and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over brownie layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 4. Remove sides of pan just before serving. Melt chocolate chips; drizzle over the top. Garnish with whipped topping and additional chocolate chips if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mint Brownie Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC