Mint Brownie Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green or red food coloring, optional
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional chocolate chips, optional
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly; stir in sugar and eggs. Gradually stir flour into chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir marshmallows and milk over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in extract and food coloring if desired.
- Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate for 15 minutes or until cooled. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over cupcakes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10 cupcakes.
Reviews for Mint Brownie Cupcakes
Sort By :
"good recipe:) Very easy to prepare"
"I make cupcakes all the time and these have been one of the worst cupcakes. The frosting is terrible as well as the cake. I understand that this is a cross between a brownie and a cupcake, but it is just too hard to be recognized as a cupcake. Also, the flavor of the frosting and cake isn't up to par. I'm not a fan! Also, I LOVE mint chocolate anything. :) maybe i'll try tweaking the recipe."
"I replaced the mint extract with vanilla extract."
"I was a little skeptical, with this recipe only calling for a half cup of flour, but they turned out great!! The icing is light and fluffy, and the cupcake has delicious flavor. The recipe has just the right amount of mint in it for a mild, yet flavorful dessert. I couldn't find mint chocolate chips, so I used regular chocolate chips and added some mint, as recommended in the tips-that worked great! Even my boyfriend, who does not like chocolate, loved these."
"DEFINITELY A SUCCESS!!"