You'll need just four common ingredients to put together this comforting dessert from Mary Ann Potter of Blue Springs, Missouri. "A friend gave me this recipe several years ago," Mary Ann notes. "She said a local minister's wife fixed it every Sunday, so she named it accordingly."
10-12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or apple pie filling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Place pie filling in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Combine cake mix and
- butter (mixture will be crumbly); sprinkle over filling. Sprinkle
- with walnuts if desired. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Serve
- in bowls. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 304 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.