Miniature Spiced Chocolate Cakes Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter
- 7 ounces German sweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, chocolate, cardamom, cinnamon, pepper and cloves; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, yolks and extracts. Whisk in chocolate mixture. Add confectioners' sugar and flour; whisk until blended.
- 2. Pour into four generously greased 6-oz. souffle dishes or custard cups to within 1/4 in. of the top. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-17 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160°.
- 3. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cakes from dishes to dessert plates. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar and drizzle with fudge topping. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 miniature cake (calculated without additional confectioners' sugar and hot fudge ice cream topping)equals 835 calories, 51 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 401 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 88 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Miniature Spiced Chocolate Cakes
"I have to say I did make these cakes and they came out gummy on the inside and dry and crumbly on the outside. They flavor was very good, but the consistency was terrible. I would make these again, but change a few things about it."
"This recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of confectioner's sugar, but it doesn't say to add it in the directions, only to dust with the additional sugar after baking. Some might not add the confectioner's sugar if they don't see that it is omitted in the directions."