In keeping with chocolate's association with Valentine's Day, our home economists created these individual chocolate cakes. Set out two forks and share this dessert with the one you love!
- 2/3 cup butter
- 7 ounces German sweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, chocolate, cardamom, cinnamon, pepper and cloves; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, yolks and extracts. Whisk in chocolate mixture. Add confectioners' sugar and flour; whisk until blended.
- Pour into four generously greased 6-oz. souffle dishes or custard cups to within 1/4 in. of the top. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-17 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160°.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cakes from dishes to dessert plates. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar and drizzle with fudge topping. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Miniature Spiced Chocolate Cakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p187
Reviews for Miniature Spiced Chocolate Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review