Miniature Shepherd's Pies Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup frozen petite peas
- 2 packages (17.3 ounces each) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, celery and carrot over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in flour, thyme, salt, nutmeg and pepper until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in peas; heat through. Set aside.
- 2. Unfold puff pastry. Using a floured 2-1/4-in. round cutter, cut 12 circles from each sheet (save scraps for another use). Press circles onto the bottoms and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups.
- 3. Fill each with 1-1/2 teaspoons beef mixture; top or pipe with 1 tablespoon mashed potatoes. Bake 13-16 minutes or until heated through and potatoes are lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 appetizer: 86 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Miniature Shepherd's Pies
"Great for grandchildren's little hands!"
"I made these for a party and they were a big hit!"