Miniature Shepherd's Pies Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup frozen petite peas
- 2 packages (17.3 ounces each) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and carrot over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, thyme, salt, nutmeg and pepper until blended; gradually add the broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in peas; heat through. Set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry. Using a floured 2-1/4-in. round cutter, cut 12 circles from each sheet (save scraps for another use.) Press circles onto the bottoms and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups.
- Fill each with 1-1/2 teaspoons beef mixture; top or pipe with 1 tablespoon mashed potatoes. Bake at 400° for 13-16 minutes or until heated through and potatoes are lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Miniature Shepherd's Pies
Sort By :
Great for grandchildren's little hands!
Fabulous! Family requested 2nd time this week. Made as a casserole instead with doubled recipe. Substituted ground turkey for beef, chicken broth for beef broth, and vegetable medley for chopped carrots. Yum! Will definitely make again!
I made these for a party and they were a big hit!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >