I make these pumpkin treats every autumn and they are gone in minutes. The spice combination is perfect for fall, and it is all wrapped up in a pretty little cake.—Deb Lyon, Bangor, Pennsylvania
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- SPICED CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Hot caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and ginger; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans; spread batter evenly in pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, shortening and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Using a 3-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 30 circles from cakes. Spread 1 cup filling over 10 cake circles. Repeat. Top with remaining cakes. Pipe remaining filling over tops. Store in the refrigerator. Garnish with ice cream topping. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Miniature Pumpkin Cake Towers in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p297
Reviews for Miniature Pumpkin Cake Towers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review