Miniature Peanut Butter Treats Recipe
This recipe is one of my family's favorites, and I make these treats a lot, especially at Christmas. I have 3 children and 8 grandchildren, and every one of them loves those "peanut butter thingies", as the grandchildren call them! —Jodie McCoy, Tulsa, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:21 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- about 42 miniature peanut butter-chocolate cups
- 1. In a bowl, combine the butter, sugars, egg, peanut butter and vanilla; beat until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll into walnut-sized balls; place in greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 375° for 8-9 minutes.
- 3. Remove from oven; gently press one peanut butter cup into each cookie, forming a depression. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 215 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC