- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- about 42 miniature peanut butter-chocolate cups
- In a bowl, combine the butter, sugars, egg, peanut butter and vanilla; beat until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls; place in greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 375° for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from oven; gently press one peanut butter cup into each cookie, forming a depression. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Miniature Peanut Butter Treats
"I make these a couple of times of year, one being at Christmas. They are excellent. Very simple to make. I, too, like that you make your own dough, not store bought. If the dough was store bought, I probably would not make them. A hint that might be useful---you should IMMEDIATELY press the peanut butter cup into the cookie. I make it a point to have all the peanut butter cups unwrapped and waiting for the cookies to come out of the oven. One time I used a caramel cup chocolate candy and they were just as good."
"I tried these using my own peanut butter cookie recipe which is very similar to this one. Now I'm making these for our son's graduation party! Very tasty, big hit with the kids."
"I made these last night, they are a family favorite. My husband's mom always makes a variation of these at christmas time. I love that these do not use a store bought dough (who needs the extra cost and processed ingredients when the recipe barely takes any time to put these together). The recipe does cut in half nicely as well. I used my size 60 scoop and they turned out perfect."
"A peanut butter cup lovers dream! And so easy! Family and friends loved these and it's something I'll fix when I need a quick dessert....that's how easy they are!!!"
"Yummy... easy to make! Will definitely make again!"