Miniature Orange Muffins Recipe
Orange peel and orange juice flavor these fun streusel-topped muffins that are perfect for a buffet table. The accompanying orange marmalade butter really makes them special. — Bonita Kinney, Firth, Nebraska
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 9 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- ORANGE BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sweet orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, 8 tablespoons butter, orange juice concentrate and 2 teaspoons orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased miniature muffin cups half full. Combine the brown sugar, pecans and remaining flour, butter and orange peel; sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat the orange butter ingredients until blended. Serve with warm muffins. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (5 each) equals 343 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 382 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC