Orange peel and orange juice flavor these fun streusel-topped muffins that are perfect for a buffet table. The accompanying orange marmalade butter really makes them special. — Bonita Kinney, Firth, Nebraska
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 9 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- ORANGE BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sweet orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, 8 tablespoons butter, orange juice concentrate and 2 teaspoons orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups half full. Combine the brown sugar, pecans and remaining flour, butter and orange peel; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, beat the orange butter ingredients until blended. Serve with warm muffins. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Miniature Orange Muffins in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p29
Reviews for Miniature Orange Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2008
"This recipe is delicious! Thanks for sharing. The only thing I did differently is eliminated the nuts."