Miniature Orange Muffins Recipe
Orange peel and orange juice flavor these fun streusel-topped muffins that are perfect for a buffet table. The accompanying orange marmalade butter really makes them special. — Bonita Kinney, Firth, Nebraska
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 9 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- ORANGE BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sweet orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, 8 tablespoons butter, orange juice concentrate and 2 teaspoons orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups half full. Combine the brown sugar, pecans and remaining flour, butter and orange peel; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, beat the orange butter ingredients until blended. Serve with warm muffins. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Miniature Orange Muffins in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p29
Reviews for Miniature Orange Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2008
This recipe is delicious! Thanks for sharing. The only thing I did differently is eliminated the nuts.