Miniature Napoleons Recipe
It can be a challenge to come up with an elegant dessert that works well for a cocktail party. These impressive, bite-size sweets are easy to eat while mingling.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. Unfold puff pastry; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake according to package directions. Remove to a wire rack to cool
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into custard. Use a fork to split pastry in half horizontally. Spread filling over the bottom half; replace top. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- 5. Cut into 1-1/2-in. x 1-in. rectangles. In a microwave, melt chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Drizzle over pastries. Freeze until serving. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 pastry equals 49 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Miniature Napoleons
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC