Miniature Meat Pies
Gayle Lewis of Yucaipa, California shared the recipe for these cute little bites of flaky dough stuffed with an easy-to-season ground beef mixture. They're filling and oh-so-good served with ketchup.
9 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in chili sauce and soup mix; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sesame seeds if desired and salt.
- Cut in shortening and cheese until crumbly. Combine milk and
- vinegar; gradually add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until
- dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half; roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a
- lightly floured 2-1/2-in. round cutter. Place half of the circles 2
- in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Top each with a rounded
- tablespoonful of beef mixture; top with remaining circles. Moisten