Miniature Meat Pies Recipe
Gayle Lewis of Yucaipa, California shared the recipe for these cute little bites of flaky dough stuffed with an easy-to-season ground beef mixture. They're filling and oh-so-good served with ketchup.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili sauce and soup mix; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sesame seeds if desired and salt. Cut in shortening and cheese until crumbly. Combine milk and vinegar; gradually add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half; roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a lightly floured 2-1/2-in. round cutter. Place half of the circles 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Top each with a rounded tablespoonful of beef mixture; top with remaining circles. Moisten edges with water and press with a fork to seal. Cut a slit in the top of each.
- Bake at 425° for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately; or cool, then wrap each in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen meat pies: Unwrap and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 14-16 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Miniature Meat Pies in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p38
Reviews for Miniature Meat Pies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review