Miniature Ham Loaf
Shredded carrots add color and flavor to this downsized ham loaf from Carol Dunne of Middle Village, New York. A buttery glaze and slices of pineapples put the finishing touches on this satisfying entree.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble ham over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in a greased
- baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In
- a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and reserved
- juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or
- until thickened. Stir in butter and lemon juice.
- Brush over ham loaf; top with three pineapple slices. (Save remaining
- pineapple for another use.) Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a
- meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before