"I've been using this recipe for 40 years," reports Ruth Burrus, Zionsville, Indiana. "The cakes make cute gifts."
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed candied fruit (about 4 ounces)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Halved candied cherries
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine egg yolks and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Fill greased and floured muffin cups two-thirds full. Cover muffin tin tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake at 275° for 1 hour. Uncover; top with cherries. Bake 5 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of each cup; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Miniature Fruitcakes in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p8
Reviews for Miniature Fruitcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review