Miniature Corn Dogs
These little corn dogs add delicious fun to breakfast or brunch. Kids and adults love to pop one in their mouths. Expect them to disappear fast.
42 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash onion powder
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausages
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Spicy ketchup
- In a small bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and
- onion powder; cut in shortening until crumbly. Whisk milk and egg;
- stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Dip sausages into
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- Fry sausages, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with ketchup. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer (calculated without ketchup) equals 68 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium,