These little corn dogs add delicious fun to breakfast or brunch. Kids and adults love to pop one in their mouths. Expect them to disappear fast.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash onion powder
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausages
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Spicy ketchup
- In a small bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and onion powder; cut in shortening until crumbly. Whisk milk and egg; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Dip sausages into batter.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- Fry sausages, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with ketchup. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Miniature Corn Dogs in Reminisce August/September 2010, p46
Reviews for Miniature Corn Dogs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review