- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash onion powder
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausages
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Spicy ketchup
- In a small bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and onion powder; cut in shortening until crumbly. Whisk milk and egg; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Dip sausages into batter.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- Fry sausages, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with ketchup. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Miniature Corn Dogs
Sort By :
This is the first recipe from the Taste of Home website that I haven't liked. It feels like this recipe was a waste of time, a waste of a mess, and a waste of ingredients. The batter wouldn't stick to the wieners, even though I dried them on paper towels first. The batter came right off in the frier and I ended up with half coated dogs and several crumbs, even though I followed exactly what the recipe said to do. I will not be making this again.