I’ve found that people who normally won’t eat fruitcake make an exception when they sample these. Using mini muffin pans for baking creates fun, single-serving cakes. —Libby Over, Phillipsburg, Ohio
Featured In: 17 Ways to Get More Fruitcake in Your Life
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (15 ounces) raisins
- 1 pound candied fruit, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a small saucepan, combine molasses and water; add raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in candied fruit and vanilla. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Add fruit mixture, mixing well. Fold in nuts.
- Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups almost full. Bake at 325° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Miniature Christmas Fruitcakes in Country Woman November/December 1992, p33
Reviews for Miniature Christmas Fruitcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2015
"Great, easy and taste like English plum pudding. AllI need is the English custard or hard sauce. Excellent!"
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2010
"These are so easy. Every year I make them for 2 of my sons and they look forward to this treat. The nice thing about the miniatures is that they are about 2 bites each."