Miniature Castle Cakes
You can easily make several of these pretty palaces with a boxed cake mix, canned frosting and a few common confections. Grab a goblet of milk and enjoy one with your prince of princess.
6 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla frosting
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 21 chocolate nonpareil candies
- 12 pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 drop blue food coloring
- 3 sticks Fruit Stripe gum
- 6 small ice cream sugar cones
- 6 round wooden toothpicks
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into a
- greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan and six greased muffin cups. Bake
- at 350° for 20-30 minutes for cake and 15-18 minutes for
- cupcakes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cupcakes for 5
- minutes and cake for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- Cut the cake into six square pieces; place on serving plates. Frost
- cake top and sides. Position a cupcake on top of each; frost
- For drawbridge, divide each candy bar into four three-piece sections.
- Center one section on one side of each cake; gently press into cake.
- Divide the two remaining chocolate sections into three pieces; place