Miniature Almond Tarts Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces almond paste, crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- Maraschino cherry halves (about 48)
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour until well blended. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in ungreased miniature muffin cups; press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a shell.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, beat the almond paste, eggs and sugar until blended. Fill each shell with about 1-1/2 teaspoons filling.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5. For frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Pipe or spread over tarts. Top each with a cherry half. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 each: 234 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Miniature Almond Tarts
"I make these every Christmas for my traditional dutch family! They don't sit around long! The only thing I change is I use candied cherries instead of maraschino. They taste the same but they are less juicy and don't slide off the tops."