Mini White Breads Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Additional melted butter
- 1. Combine yeast, sugar and water in a large bowl. Add 11/2 cups of flour, salt, milk and butter. Mix for 3 minutes on medium speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Punch dough down; shape into loaves. Place in two greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Brush tops with melted butter. Yield: 2 loaves (4 slices each).
1 slice: 69 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Mini White Breads
"Neither my mother nor I liked this at all. I followed the recipe completely and it was too dry and looked nothing like the picture. What a waste of ingredients.."
"This recipe is great to make for single people. I give the second loaf to my elderly mother who absolutely loves it."
"We're not big bread eaters in our house, so these small loaves are perfect for us on the rare occasions we do have bread with our meal. Like the small loaves served at restaurants, one loaf is just enough for one meal and we don't have a big loaf of bread left over. The recipe is easy to make and the bread freezes well if you don't use both loaves right away."