Mini Turkey Meat Loaves Recipe
These convenient turkey loaves are moist, hearty and loaded with flavor-also, oats, turkey and veggies! Bake ahead and top with cheese before serving-or freeze. Thanks to Janice Christofferson of Eagle River, Wisconsin for the recipe.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons spaghetti sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion, red pepper, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, oats and seasonings. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Coat six jumbo muffin cups with cooking spray; fill with turkey mixture. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; drain.
- 3. Top each loaf with 1 tablespoon spaghetti sauce, 2 teaspoons mozzarella cheese and 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Yield: 6 servings.
1 loaf equals 210 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 447 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC