Onion, green pepper and apple juice flavor this moist ground turkey meat loaf from Vikki Metz of Tavares, Florida. Drizzled with pan gravy, it makes a satisfying entree that's just right for two for an everyday or Sunday dinner.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- In a small skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in oil until tender. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, 2 tablespoons apple juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a loaf in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 165°.
- In a small saucepan, bring remaining apple juice to a boil. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth. Gradually whisk into apple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey loaf. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mini Turkey Loaf in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p45
Reviews for Mini Turkey Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review