Mini Tuna Loaves Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 cans (5 ounces each) white water-packed solid tuna, chopped
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. In a large bowl, combine the tuna, bread crumbs, wheat germ, eggs, milk, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir in celery mixture. Shape into six oval loaves.
- 2. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 257 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Mini Tuna Loaves
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.