Mini Tuna Casseroles
I CAN whip up this dish in a hurry, and it's perfect for a light supper or luncheon for two. I always have a can of tuna on my pantry shelf, and when I prepare it, I feel I've served us a healthy, nutritious meal.
-Rebecca Reese, Jacksboro, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 cup crushed potato chips, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, saute onions in butter. Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in
- the tuna, 1/2 cup of potato chips and pepper.
- Pour into two greased 8-oz. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining
- potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or
- until hot and bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 442 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 619 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.