Mini Tomato Sandwiches
I grew up enjoying tomato sandwiches and think this slightly upscale version is a tasty choice when dining "al fresco." —Shannon Avra, Little Rock, Arkansas
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces)
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, basil and 1/8
- teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4
- Cut baguette in half horizontally. Spread cream cheese mixture over
- baguette bottom. Layer with Brie cheese and tomato slices. Sprinkle
- with remaining salt and pepper. Replace top. Cut into four slices.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 562 calories, 34 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 1,120 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.