Mini Tomato Sandwiches Recipe
I grew up enjoying tomato sandwiches and think this slightly upscale version is a tasty choice when dining "al fresco." —Shannon Avra, Little Rock, Arkansas
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces)
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, basil and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Cut baguette in half horizontally. Spread cream cheese mixture over baguette bottom. Layer with Brie cheese and tomato slices. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Replace top. Cut into four slices. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 562 calories, 34 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 1,120 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Mini Tomato Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC