Mini Toffee Rolls Recipe
“I found this delicious recipe in a magazine years ago and adapted the original to make it my own," recalls Carol Gillespie of Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. "The rich, bite-sized treats are full of cinnamon flavor and great with coffee!”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until light and fluffy. Stir in toffee bits.
- 2. Separate each tube of crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. Spread evenly with butter mixture. Roll up each rectangle jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- 3. Cut each into six 1-in. slices; place cut side down into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 4 dozen.
3 rolls equals 232 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC