Mini Toffee Rolls Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until light and fluffy. Stir in toffee bits.
- Separate each tube of crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. Spread evenly with butter mixture. Roll up each rectangle jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- Cut each into six 1-in. slices; place cut side down into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Mini Toffee Rolls
Sort By :
"Have made this recipe several times, all with rave reviews from those eating them. I make them by placing the pieces in greased mini muffin tins. Also I sometimes add toasted, chopped nuts with the toffee bits. Will be making this again."
"Outstanding recipe! Can be easily adjusted to reflect the season. For Easter I would separate the Icing & color it like Easter Eggs. At Christmas crushed Candy Canes sprinkled on top. Fall use orange & yellow with Candied Leaf Sprinkles. ETC."
"I made half a recipe just to try these rolls. They are scrumptious. Guess what I'll be doing today -- making the other half!"
"I've been making these cinnamon tea rolls for about 30 yrs withouth the toffee bits. What a great idea to add those! I make mine in mini muffin pans so they are individual one bite minis. They are perfect for a brunch. I serve them every year with Easter dinner."
"These are wonderful and so easy!!! they go fast--so make a lot"