- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (2 pounds each)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 20 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place turkey in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper; pour over turkey. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove turkey from slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking liquid. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks and return meat to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high 30-35 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Split rolls and brush cut sides with butter; place on an ungreased baking sheet, cut side up. Bake 8-10 minutes or until toasted and golden brown. Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture on roll bottoms. Replace tops. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Mini Teriyaki Turkey Sandwiches in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p87
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mini Teriyaki Turkey Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review