Mini Swiss Cheese Loaves Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sour cream, sugar, salt, baking soda, egg and 1-1/3 cups flour. Beat on medium for 3 minutes. Stir in Swiss cheese and remaining flour. Do not knead.
- 2. Spread batter into four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 mini loaves.
1 slice: 67 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Mini Swiss Cheese Loaves
"Awesome recipe! Taste of home and the wide selection of low sodium recipes on the cooking app, SideChef, are my go tos for healthy recipes. I'd highly recommend the app: http://www.sidechef.com/download"