I'm always looking for ways to "healthify" recipes that my husband critiques. He loves the light texture and spicy streusel of these muffins. —Meredith Hedeen, New Kensington, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, potatoes, water, oil and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat miniature muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full. For streusel, combine the baking mix, oats and sugars; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in ginger. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Sweet Potato Muffins in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p67
Reviews for Mini Sweet Potato Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review