I'm always looking for ways to "healthify" recipes that my husband critiques. He loves the light texture and spicy streusel of these muffins. —Meredith Hedeen, New Kensington, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, potatoes, water, oil and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat miniature muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full. For streusel, combine the baking mix, oats and sugars; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in ginger. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Sweet Potato Muffins in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p67
Reviews for Mini Sweet Potato Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2013
"We love these!"
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2011
"Made this for my kids and hubby and they all liked them...ssshhh - I didn't tell them they had sweet potato in them :-)"
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2010
"Everyone loved this muffin-in fact I'll be sharing it w/ my exercise group-it's an easy recipe and oh so good!"