Mini Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
"Orange peel, cinnamon and coconut season this delightfully different potato dish," says field editor Bob Breno of Strongsville, Ohio. "Since it's tasty and nutritious, it's one of my favorite holiday recipes for two."
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1. Place the sweet potato in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or just until tender. Drain; cool slightly and peel. Place in a bowl; mash. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter, raisins, orange peel, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-cup baking dish. Toss coconut with remaining butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 203 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Mini Sweet Potato Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC